Motherhood is a wonderful journey. It’s filled with love, joy, laughter and lots of hard work. Being a mom is one of life’s greatest blessings but it often comes with an unexpected pressure to look and act a certain way. Many moms feel compelled to dress and act in a certain way in order to fit into society’s definition of the ideal mom. But what if we threw all that out the window and embraced ourselves for who we are? In this blog post, I’m going to talk about my own approach to “Mommy Style” and why I think it’s important to embrace the mother you are and love it!
My Mommy Style Embrace The Mom You Are
There’s no need to try and be anyone other than who you are, and that goes for your style as a mom, too! Embrace the mom you are, and love it. Your kids will appreciate it, and so will everyone else.
So, what is your mommy style? Do you tend to go for the more casual look, or do you like to get all dressed up? Maybe you’re a mix of both, depending on the day or the occasion. Either way, rock what makes you feel good and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks.
Of course, it’s always fun to experiment with new styles and trends. But at the end of the day, make sure you’re wearing something that YOU feel comfortable in. After all, confidence is always the best accessory!
Why moms need to love their style
There are a lot of reasons why moms need to love their style. For one, it sets the tone for the family. If mom is dressing up and looking cute, it makes the kids feel like they need to do the same. It also creates a more positive atmosphere at home. Secondly, when mom loves her style, she exudes confidence. This is something that all children need to see in their mother figures – someone who is confident in herself and her abilities. Lastly, by loving their style, moms can show their kids that it’s okay to be different and to express themselves through fashion. We all have our own unique sense of style and that should be celebrated!
How to find your mommy style
There’s no one right way to be a mom, so find the parenting style that works best for you and your family. Here are some tips on how to find your mommy style:
1. Examine your values and beliefs about parenting. What kind of parent do you want to be? What values do you want to impart to your children?
2. Consider your own personality and parenting strengths. Are you more of a hands-on or hands-off parent? Do you like structure and routine, or are you more flexible?
3. Think about the kind of home life you want for your family. Do you want a calm and relaxed environment, or are you okay with a little chaos?
4. Take into account the needs of your children. Each child is unique and will have different needs as they grow and develop. Be sure to consider their individual personalities when determining your parenting style.
5. Talk to other moms! See what has worked for them and get ideas on what might work for you. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel – learning from other moms can be a huge help in finding your own mommy style.
Tips for embracing your mommy style
1. Be confident in who you are as a mom. You are the best mom for your child and you should own that!
2. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles. Just because you’re a mom doesn’t mean you have to dress like a frump. Embrace your inner fashionista and have fun with it!
3. Be comfortable in your own skin. Your body has been through a lot, so don’t be hard on yourself if you don’t look like you did pre-baby. Wear clothes that make you feel good about yourself and your new body.
4. Don’t take yourself too seriously. At the end of the day, we’re all just muddling through this parenting gig the best we can. So relax, enjoy the ride, and don’t sweat the small stuff!
The benefits of loving your mommy style
We’ve all been there… you’re out with your kids and someone makes a comment about your mom style. Maybe it’s a well-meaning friend or family member who says, “You should really put some effort into the way you look now that you’re a mom!” Or maybe it’s a stranger who gives you an unsolicited “makeover” by pointing out all the ways you could improve your appearance. Either way, it can be tough to hear criticism of the way we look, especially when it feels like we already have so much on our plates.
But here’s the thing: you don’t need to change the way you look just because you became a mom! In fact, embracing your mommy style is one of the best things you can do for yourself – and your kids. Here are just a few of the benefits:
1. It saves time and energy.
Let’s face it: as moms, we don’t always have a lot of time or energy to put into our appearance. Between taking care of our kids and managing our households, there are only so many hours in the day! So why waste time and energy trying to achieve some unrealistic standard of beauty? Embracing your mommy style means accepting yourself – flaws and all – which will save you valuable time and energy that you can use elsewhere in your life.